I’m going to be honest and say that since I moved home, my meal prep game has been severely lacking. And you may think it’s because my mom is doing all the cooking but she honestly doesn’t do much. Homegirl sticks to the toffee and nuts (which if you haven’t had it yet, get yourself some because it’s bomb af. Perfect Christmas present, hint hint: Sweet Dee’s Candy).
ANYWAYS, I decided this was the week I was going to turn it all around because why wait for the new year? If I want great things to happen in 2018, I need to start laying the ground work now! So I’m starting simple with my favorite go-to, turkey meatballs.
Easy Turkey Meatballs
Yields: 48 meatballs | Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Total time: 45 minutes
3 pounds extra lean ground turkey
Panko bread crumbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. I’m going to be honest and say I really don’t know the exact measurements for the spices because I just kind of dump it in there according to my taste preferences – SORRY
- Using a spoon, form mixture into bite-size balls and lay out on a cookie sheet or baking pan
- Bake for 20 minutes (sometimes they need a few extra minutes depending on your oven)
- While the meatballs are baking, prepare the sides such as whole grain pasta, a veggie mix, and/or sauce – WHICH I have a great pasta sauce recipe I’ll be sharing with you next week 😉