As the days unfortunately start getting shorter and the mileage increases, I am starting to get a bit more concerned about my safety (specifically being run over by a car on the winding back roads or a deer jumping out at me, which may sound ridiculous but I wouldn’t be surprised with my deer history). Luckily, I got the chance to test out the Knuckle Lights Colors!
At first I was hesitant about the product considering I hate holding things while I run and imagined two flashlights being a bit bulky. However, when I received them in the mail, I found they were lightweight and the handles were small enough that they fit perfectly into my hand. Plus, the size was adjustable. In addition, the soft silicone made them pretty comfy to hold – my initial concerns had all been solved!
Upon my first test run, I realized these tiny little guys had a ton of power behind them. I was able to see several feet ahead of me and I wasn’t hit by any cars so I assume they were able to see me pretty clearly as well. And while I still wasn’t crazy about holding something while I ran, they were comfortable enough that I didn’t mind every once in a while since I don’t run in the evenings all that often. Not only are the Knuckle Lights great for running but they can also be used on early morning or late night walks with or without a dog, camping, or just to keep in your purse or car in case you need them.
Overall, I think the Knuckle Lights are one of my favorite night running products out there because even though it’s necessary to hold something, it’s better than having to wear a headband or chest strap that bounces with every step. The Knuckle Lights are extremely bright and wide so there is no issue of not being seen. To top it all off, they are weatherproof so they can be used year-round. Full specs can be found below:
- 2 LIGHTS PER SET — The units connect together magnetically. The soft silicone straps can be adjusted to fit any size hand and even over gloves.
- 120 TOTAL LUMENS — The super bright lights provide a wide flood beam, providing a steady, even light in front of you that does not bounce around, even with your arms moving.
- BATTERIES INCLUDED — Each Unit Operates on 1 X AA Battery.
- WATERPROOF — Units can be used in any type of weather.
- Price point: $39.99 and ALWAYS free standard shipping for US orders
If you are interested in purchasing your own pair of Knuckle Lights, use code BRKL2017 to receive 15% off!